I am a Project Manager / Producer / Digital Manager / Facilitator.
I am looking for a permanent or longer term contract role somewhere I can settle in and be part of the organisation. I am currently freelance with various contracts.
I have been a client and supplier on different projects so I know how it is on either side. I have designed and facilitated workshops, events and conferences, f2f and online, so I have a keen focus on collaboration and clear communication.
I mostly work with CiviCRM, WordPress, and Drupal in various forms.
As a contractor, how is it to work with me?
My approach is like having that person in your organisation. I handle all of the digital-related questions that come up in an organisation using the web or doing a web project – including strategy, IT, design, communications, engagement, training, internal structure, operations, decision-making, long term service arrangements, updates, power, conflict resolution, who gets to say what goes on the homepage etc.
I work transparently using shared project management tools (unless requested to use alternatives). Each step is documented as pithily as possible and I keep timesheets that we share. I aim to be replaceable at any step as well – ie someone else could step in, read the notes, and pick up where I left off.
My work breaks down loosely into Production/Project Management, Digital Management and Facilitation.
Production / Project Management
- Produce CRM projects, mostly CiviCRM (see CRM page)
- Produce and manage a ‘stable’ of sensible, simple and affordable WordPress sites (see websites page)
- Project manage larger digital projects
- Provide WordPress experience, advice and support
- Provide Google ‘Gsuite’ intranet set up and migrations
- Provide Drupal experience, advice and support
- Provide CiviCRM advanced use experience, advice and support
- Provide advice on, and produce available ‘cloud’ services to organise, co-ordinate and deliver projects
- Familiar with project managing iterative digital life cycle from strategy, to requirements, into production, and then round: user experience design, usability, programming, editorial, interface design, measurement, bug fixing, maintenance, version 2 etc.
- Community-based projects, Membership and NGO service providers
- Experienced in management of multi-disciplinary teams, varying budgets and technologies, producing requirements, working with agencies and individual suppliers
- Source and manage digital IT infrastructure and suppliers for affordable accessible environmentally friendly (open source) frameworks (e.g. CRM, web hosting, CMS publishing, ticketing tracking, web analytics, Intranet
- Produce the products (e.g. organisational websites, directories, fora, blogs, newsletters, social networking software, etc.)
- Deliver the services in collaboration with wide variety of user groups (e.g. national volunteer blogging project, one click websites for community groups, news aggregation and distribution engines, apps and widgets)
- Manage the technology from strategic roadmaps to operational details; used to oversight for multiple web applications on different platforms and user groups
- Care for, and about, staff: recruit and manage contractors and volunteers; have co-created technical co-op with developers and designers to deliver technologies
- Manage multi-streamed budgets; sought and secured funding, reported to funders, so far haven’t gone over-budget!
- Facilitated groups and communities on and offline over a range of time periods in contexts ranging from joyous collaboration to uncomfortable conflict via change, expansion and reduction
- Designed and facilitated workshops, events and meetings in a range of sectors, locations and purposes
- Online ‘socio-technical’ production for physical events/conferences: ie work with event teams to agree community development patterns around physical events and produce online services to support
- Outreach and network development
- Facilitator mentoring
- Individual coaching
- Community engagement online and offline
- Long term group design and development